There are many ways to carve a turkey. Some swear by the tried-and-true traditional method with a carving fork and a sharp blade, and others would be lost without their electric knives. Regardless of your preference in utensils, you can't just go hacking away at it if you want to end up with all the right pieces.
If you've never carved a turkey before and have no idea what you're doing, this quick little video from The Kitchn by Apartment Therapy's Maxwell Ryan is a good place to start. It shows the simplest method using nothing more than a sharp knife.
You start by cutting the legs, breasts, and wings from the bird. Once removed, separate the legs into thighs and drumsticks. Then, just slice the thigh and breast meat, and arrange everything on a platter for serving.
Be sure to check out some of our other articles for more tips and tricks for carving a turkey.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades