How to Bake Thanksgiving sweet potatoes with marshmallows
What's better than melted marshmallow goodness on top of sweet potatoes? This great Thanksgiving dinner side is delicious and easy to make! Follow along with this cooking how-to video to learn how-to bake sweet potatoes topped with marshmallows.
Thanksgiving Day sweet potatoes and marshmallows ingredients:
10 sweet potatoes
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups mini marshmallows
9x13 inch baking pan
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap 10 sweet potatoes in foil. Place the potatoes on the top rack of the oven. Place a cookie sheet on the rack below to catch any of the drippings as the potatoes bake. Bake the potatoes for about an hour. When the potatoes are tender, remove them from the oven and let them cool on a rack until they are cool enough to handle, about 10-15 minutes. Carefully peel off the foil. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the potato into a large mixing bowl. Throw away the foil and the peel. Repeat this step for each of the potatoes.
2. Add the unsalted butter and heavy cream.
3. Add 2 eggs (lightly beaten), cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
4. With a handheld beater, whip the potatoes until smooth.
5. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan with butter. Spread whipped potatoes evenly in the pan.
6. Sprinkle the top with mini marshmallows, enough to cover the top.
7. Bake in a 350 degree oven until the marshmallows are melted and golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.